Best Cuisinart DCC-1200 Brew Central 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker Review
Cuisinart DCC-1200 Brew Central 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker is a machine that comes with the latest technologies features and with retro styling, making it the center of attraction no matter which kitchen it is placed on.
This Cuisinart Brew Central Coffeemaker has the similarity of the days of durable materials and classic styling.
Continue reading to find out more about this 12-cup programmable coffee maker.
Read the rest of the Cuisinart DCC-1200 Brew Central 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker Review:
(Back to Top)
After knowing a little bit about this Cuisinart coffee maker, we are going to see some other remarkable and unique product features for this model.
One of the main highlight of this unit is that it comes with a charcoal water filter. What this water filter can do is that it has the ability to remove all the impurities from the water ensure the coffee taste great at all time.
Some other more advanced features includes a programmable automatic shutoff from 0 to 4 hours, a programmable digital clock with 24 hour advanced-brew setting, a self-cleaning function, and also an audible beep that allows you to know the end of the brew cycle which allows you to easily brew the best tasting coffee.
This unit measure 14-1/4 by 8 by 10-3/4 inches, weighs 6.8 pounds and includes a 3 year limited warranty.
Product features for the Cuisinart DCC-1200 Brew Central 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker:
- Brew Pause Feature – Allows you to enjoy the coffee before brewing has finished
- Adjustable Heater Plate – Ensures coffee stays at the temperature that you like best
- Classic Brushed Metal Design
- 12-Cup Carafe with Ergonomic Handle – For dripless and comfortable pouring
- Shower Head Designed for Optimal Extraction and Complete Saturation
- Programmable Auto Shutoff from 0 to 4 Hours
- 1 – 4 Cups Feature – For making less than 5 cups of coffee
- 24-Hour Advance Brew Start
Features in Details
(Back to Top)
In this section, we are going to talk about the Cuisinart DCC-1200 Brew Central 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker in more details.
- Water Reservoir – When you are filling the coffeemaker with water, make sure to refer to the height markings on the carafe to fill up to the desired number of cups that you want. Remember to add a little extra water to make up for the water lost in wetting the grounds and lost as steam during brewing.
- Reservoir Cover – Flip the cover back for easy filling
- Water Filter – The charcoal water filter has the capability of getting rid of chlorine, calcium and bad tastes or odors from your tap water. Cuisinart recommendation is to change the filter after every 60 days or 60 uses. If you have hard water, then you might need to change it more often.
- Filter Basket – Holds a permanent filter or a #4 paper filter.
- Showerhead – The showerhead can distributes water evenly over the coffee to reduce the temperature loss when the water passes through the grounds.
- LCD Digital Clock – Set the time for automatic functions and also display the time of day.
- Auto On Feature – Program start time of brew cycle, can be set for any time, day or night. For night time program times, there is the PM indicator displayed on the LCD.
- Auto Off Feature – Shut off coffee maker at a present time anywhere from 0 to 4 hours. If you want to program it to shut off automatically, read the instruction in the instruction manual under ‘To program the Variable Auto Off’,
- Clean Setting – Let you know when it is time to clean your coffee maker. Remove Calcification built-up from the reservoir, to help prolong the coffeemaker life.
- Carafe – No drip glass carafe comes with ergonomic handle and brewed coffee markings from 2 to 12 cups.
- Heating Plate – Scratch resistant with non-stick, black coating.
- Ready Tone – Signals end of brew cycle with five beeps (coffee will continue to stream from the filter for a few seconds after the tone).
Height: 15.6 in
Width: 9.6 in
Length: 10.8 in
Weight: 6.8 lbs
Shipping Weight: 9 lbs
“This unit makes the best coffee I’ve had in a home or office machine and better than most coffee I’ve had in restaurants…(read more here: Cuisinart DCC-1200 Brew Central 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker Review)”
“The Cuisinart DCC 1200 Brew Central Coffeemaker is the best coffeemaker that I have ever owned. I have been using it for the last several months and have not regretted making this purchase…(read more here: Cuisinart DCC-1200 Brew Central 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker Review)”
Average Rating: 3.8
Pros & Cons
(Back to Top)
Pros: At the time when we are writing this Cuisinart DCC-1200 Brew Central 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker Review, it is ranking number #6 in Amazon under the Drip Coffee Machines category. Currently, it also has an average rating of 3.8 out of 5 from 2,991 customers’ reviews. Out of the 2,991 reviews, 1,485 of them have given a 5 star rating and 593 have given a 4 star rating. This means that besides being one of the best-selling coffee makers right now in the Drip Coffee Machines category, consumers are also satisfied with the product that they have bought.
Let us now look at what the pros for this programmable coffeemaker are. First thing first, the coffee made from this machine is very nice and tastes smooth. The charcoal water filter might be the reason for that. Another thing that customers like is the ready tone feature, when your coffee is ready, you can immediately tell from the 5 beeps. This is a useful feature which you do not need to keep on monitoring the brewing process.
Another highlight of this Cuisinart programmable coffeemaker is the indicator light for cleaning. This light can let you know when it needs to be cleaned and decalcify the unit. Thus, extend the life of your coffee maker.
Buyers in Amazon also like the low-medium-high setting on the hot plate; they can then control the temperature of the coffee and select the one that is best suitable for them. Also, with the auto shutoff feature, you do not have to keep on worrying about forgetting to shut down your coffee machine after used.
You also do not have to worry on how to use this product; the instruction manual that comes with it is very good and detailed. Lastly, this machine measures 14-1/4 by 8 by 10-3/4 inches and comes with a 3 year limited warranty.
Cons: In this section, we are going to look at the cons for this Cuisinart DCC-1200 12-Cup Coffeemaker. After that, you will then decide for yourself whether this unit is the one for you.
One drawback which consumers do not like is the design of the lids. Condensation occurs in a legion of cracks under or inside the lid. The water will go back down to the unit when you lift the lid to do anything. Another con of this model is again the design; however this time is the water reservoir. This reservoir is located at the back of the unit which is next to the hinge for the lid and makes it awkward to use.
Cuisinart DCC-1200 Price
(Back to Top)
We will not be putting down the price on our website. Reason being that Amazon changes the price occasionally, so we do not want to confuse you. You may check the pricing and any discounts by clicking the buy button below.
Check current pricing discounts:
Recommendation (My Opinion)
(Back to Top)
If you are looking for a coffee maker that is fairly cheap and can brew delicious coffee every morning for you. You may want to find out more about this machine by clicking the buy button above. It will look good and professional for your home no matter where you decide to place this machine. It can also be used to brew some nice coffee for your guests.
However, if you do not want to take time to read the manual and learn how to use this machine, then you might want to get one that are much simple unit with maybe only an on/off button.
Cuisinart DCC-1200 Brew Central 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker Features Overview:
Feature Cuisinart DCC-1200 Brew Central 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker Brand Cuisinart Dimension Measures 10.8 x 9.6 x 15.6 inches Weight 6.8 Pounds Shipping Weight 9 Pounds Brewing Cup Size 12 Cups Warranty 3 Year Limited Warranty Average Rating 3.8 Out of 5
Back To: Coffee Maker Reviews Home
Filed under: Cuisinart Coffee Makers